The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division, within the Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Flight Test Operations Support Technician to work at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Sensors Directorate, Sensors Analysis, Integration and Test (SAIT) program. In support of the SAIT program, your position as a Flight Test Operations Support Technician will be to support AFRL programs. The objectives of the position are to provide technical and operational support of new and evolving sensor systems and sensor technologies, provide support for ground and flight demonstrations and tests, and to perform sensor system integration into laboratories, aircraft, and other vehicles/platforms as necessary.
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting ground and flight operations of contracted aircraft, pilots and support staff during flight test operations.
-Launch, Recover, Marshall and tow aircraft, coordinate aircraft permits and passes for personnel.
- Responsible for driving, operating and maintaining a 40FT mobile computer work center used for support of flight testing at various US locations. Tow trailers in excess of 10K lbs. between various locations within the continental United States.
- Responsible for hangar maintenance and operations during flight/ground test events or otherwise as directed. Provide logistics support for these events and coordinate with base operations as required for equipment staging.
- As part of an engineering team, support sensor/system integration into aircraft, ground stations, and SIL environments as required by the project. A wide range of sensor and system phenomenology are used to demonstrate capabilities in a multi-INT environment. Knowledge of FMV, WAMI, SAR/MTI, SIGINT, and Communication equipment along with respective interfaces and SWaP characteristics is a plus.
- Work with engineering teams and flight/ground test planning, to assist project scientists and engineers with range of integration tasks to include, but not limited to: mobile ground station support, hangar operations, logistical assistance, security management, and other tasks.
- Plan and participate in lab and field tests, to include flight testing of sensors and associated hardware and software both at WPAFB and other locations as determined by the project needs
- Perform data analysis, troubleshooting and failure reporting
- Troubleshoot issues between test equipment, software, and hardware
- Communicate with and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings
- Communicate with customers, end users, and analysts in order to provide recommended course of action for flight test, and test-related operations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
-Requires a Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience related to aircraft, maintenance, logistics management and airfield support; additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
-5 years of experience in DoD programs/projects
- Knowledge and experience with flight line operations, logistics, and security practices
- Experience with flight test planning and execution.
- Possess "Class A" CDL Driver's License or must obtain one within 120 days from date of hire
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion, and translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Must have an active DoD SECRET level of clearance prior to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level of clearance
- Ability to work both independently and within a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking/reasoning skills
- Able to cope with rapid change, as multiple objectives/projects are running concurrently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word,)
-25% travel required (CONUS locations only)
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification