Leidos is seeking a Cartographic Analyst for our Springfield, VA, customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance level and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED for consideration.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise and experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Expertise and experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features. Knowledge of geospatial analysis software suites (GIS commercial software packages such as ArcGIS, ERDAS & SocetSet, including common office software to include spreadsheets, word processing) used by the customer to accomplish its mission
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and digital data formats
- Expertise in research information gathering for the following sources: Primary legal documents that pertain to the delimitation, demarcation and maintenance of the boundary, including textual descriptions, coordinate lists, reports and accompanying maps. Native maps, secondary source maps, historic maps used for extraction and comparison. Mapping imagery for stereo and mono extraction at various resolutions using digital terrain elevation data sets.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED
- Experience with utilizing Fledermaus
- Experience utilizing CARIS
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing, attribution, digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, georeferencing and ortho-rectifing source materials (maps, imagery) and extracting vectors from stereo imagery or elevation data
- Understanding of customer products such as Controlled Image Base (CIB1), Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), Digital Nautical Charts, Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), National Technical Means (NTM) including data retrieval and storage
- Minimum 3 years' experience
A bachelor degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience. A master degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
"External Referral Eligible"