Leidos currently has an EOC Operator opening that will support the Security Engineering (SEP) program in Washington, DC
***Must have current Secret clearance***
***Hours are 2pm to 10pm, Monday - Friday***
This position will monitor all CBRNE network activity in a DOD Emergency Operations Center. Candidate will be responsible for resolving technical problems and answering queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, and network devices. May route calls to technical specialists. Candidate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks using advanced techniques and requiring knowledge of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) disciplines. Maintains policies and procedures for specific emergency response, continuity planning and disaster recovery operations. Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the technology used in supporting the EOC and response procedures. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding operational procedures in an emergency operations center environment and carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight. Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage information between multiple organizations over numerous communications vectors such as phone lines, software interfaces and web-based tools during emergency operations. Candidate must be able to combine communication and problem solving skills when dealing with representatives from various organizations and information sources during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
• High School diploma, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 Years of experience
• Must have an active SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET
• Must have ability to work flexible hours one (1) or more years (strongly Desired, not required) of experience in an Emergency Operations Center or Command Post Environment
• Ability to work independently, research, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• The ability to work under tight deadlines is required
• Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
• Demonstrates strong initiative self-motivation, and commitment to the job
• Experience in a technical call center or crisis management center
• Experience with decision support and network management software NIMS ICS300 & ICS400 certifications
• Experience in related fields that include Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency response.
• Certification for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
• Ability to quickly learn and assimilate specific customized software tools and products in support of the emergency operations center, including the following categories of tools: Geographical Information System (GIS), Video camera displays, Emergency notification systems, Device-specific displays, Atmospheric plume models and displays Building architectural displays