Leidos has an opening for a Embedded Systems Engineer- Starling Spacecraft , supporting one of our customers in Mountain View, California. The Senior Software Engineer will support The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract, which assists NASA Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract supports NASA Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. Our scientists, engineers and information technologists support research and development of critical enabling intelligent technologies for all of the NASA Mission Directorates. This team has supported technology development for NASA space exploration missions such as LADEE and TESS, supports payload development for the International Space Station, and develops robotics and autonomous operations technologies for lunar and planetary exploration. ISRDS engineers provide support in aeronautics for autonomous operations of unmanned systems and for meeting the challenges of expanding capacity in the aviation industry.
We are currently seeking a talented embedded systems engineer to develop and deploy payload software for the Starling CubeSat mission. Each spacecraft subsystem also makes use of at least one microprocessor, ranging from simple LPC microcontrollers to the TI MSP430. The selected candidate will be required to configure embedded Linux on ARM-based systems with high reliability, and to develop a wide range of Linux device drivers. The candidate will be required to develop small applications in C. The candidate must be capable of working with a team of talented engineers from a wide array of disciplines, and should be comfortable leading hardware and softWare testing efforts.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or Related Field and a minimum of 8 years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity with DevOps Engineering principles
- Extensive experience with C programming language
- Experience with Python, Bash and Ruby languages
- Extensive experience working with linux-based embedded systems, including the ARM and TI family of microprocessors
- Knowledge of bus connectivity (I2C, SPI, etc)
- Familiarity with Bamboo, JIRA, and Confluence
Other Desired Skills:
- Demonstrable ability to design, build, test, and document robust and reusable code
- Understanding of memory management, kernel modules, and driver models
- Understanding of watchdog management and interrupts
- Experience with JTAG debugging
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Ability to write device drivers for posix systems
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.