The Veteran's Health group at Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager to work onsite in Austin, TX. The Project Manager is responsible for serving as the subject matter expert (SME) for assigned project applications, possessing a working knowledge of managing customer focused ITSM/ITIL related projects as well as the ability to converse fluently with architects, technical teams, product development and all levels of line of business management staff.
This role is onsite at the customer location in Austin, TX. No remote ability.
- Working with BTI program team, provide on-going PM management through completion of program. All standard PM duties apply, including budgetary, updating and maintaining in PMO tools
- Manage all BTI/PMO/Customer PM reporting responsibilities as required, including the identification, management and reporting of BTI Program risks and issues
- Provide overall project status reporting, including PMO Special Projects reviews
- Pro-actively schedules and facilitates project meetings, records and maintains project meeting minutes, including action items and maintaining program deliverables reporting
- Assist program SMEs with the development, testing, implementation and Optimization of IT service SOPs, Policies, Knowledge Transfer, Technical Customer Support and IT Governance
- Identify and assist with mitigating program/project risks and issues.
- Masters degree plus and 15 yrs of prior relevant experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree. (Education and experience is required and based on contract requirements)
- Strong PMP skills w/experience managing IT Service Delivery/Data Center performance improvement related projects, well versed in PMO life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to function in highly complex IT customer environments
- Adaptable, able to thrive in constantly changing customer environments
- Strong business edge, able to think on their feet and mitigate matters that add no value to the program, customer or business
- Understands customer first concepts, possesses direct customer PM experience
- Strong communication, presentation skills, able to quickly engage with the customer while maintaining a positive attitude under constant pressure
- Willing and able to learn new skills, in some cases, on the fly and outside the scope of the job.
- Self-starter, able to see the big picture, shows urgency and understanding for the needs of the customer.
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team environment, strong team building skills, able to drive the PM process.
- IT service delivery experience in multi-customer environments using ITIL/ISO frameworks
- Organizational Change, Team Building, Team Leadership and IT Performance Improvement and Program Turnaround
- Project Budgetary, Fiscal and Cost Leadership
- Complex IT project deliveries in diverse customer environments
- Development, implementation, sustainment and optimization of IT service SOPs, Policies, Knowledge Transfer, Technical Customer Support programs and IT Governance
- IT Performance Improvement and Program Turnaround Initiatives Complex IT project deliveries in diverse customer environments
- Experience with Service Level Management Metrics and Reporting methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required (Required: MUST have certification to be considered)
- ITILv3 Foundations certification required (Required: MUST have certification to be considered)
- Position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. (MUST be US Citizen or Green Card holder to obtain clearance)