Leidos has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer supporting one of our customers in Mountain View, California. The Senior Software Engineer will support The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract, which assists NASA Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. Our scientists, engineers and information technologists support research and development of critical enabling intelligent technologies for all of the NASA Mission Directorates. This SGT‐led team has supported technology development for NASA space exploration missions such as LADEE and TESS, supports payload development for the International Space Station, and develops robotics and autonomous operations technologies for lunar and planetary exploration. ISRDS engineers provide support in aeronautics for autonomous operations of unmanned systems and for meeting the challenges of expanding capacity in the aviation industry.
NASA is developing the concepts for integrating the next revolution in Air Traffic Management, Urban Air Taxis into the NAS. This system will be taking a fast demonstration approach to developing these new concepts similar to the approach taken in developing NASA's UTM systems. The UTM Project has key deliverables to the FAA and industry via a Research Transition Team established with the FAA. The project is currently slated to be in effect through 2019. The ATM-X project has a key deliverables of the Grand Challenge to the Aeronautics Associate Administrator in 2020.
Basic Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or Related Field and a minimum of 8 years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Agile Development processes
- Collaborative version control (git, svn)
- Build systems (gradle, maven)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment (Jenkins)
- Java and C++ (backend)
- Use of Relational Databases (MySQL and Postgres)
- Cloud deployment (AWS)
- UNIX command line tools
- Secure coding practices
- Open source security scanning
- Static checking and secrets management
- Excellent verbal communications
- Team player
- Ability to work directly with the customer
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on software development projects and make contributions
Other Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with Atlassian stack
- Interest and knowledge of aviation, air traffic management, and unpiloted aircraft systems (drones)
- Excellent issue analysis and debugging abilities
- Familiarity with UTM
- Systems engineering perspective
This position requires s uccessful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.