Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the Mid Atlantic Depot located in Chesapeake, VA in support of several programs, primarily with the FAA.
In this role, you will provide and explain various reports and conduct and explain accompanying analysis to the PM and Finance lead on all elements including revenue, labor, material, overhead, facility costs, and time sold.
Develop revenue and cost projections (working with PM team) for input into the operation's planning efforts (Annual Operating Plan, Monthly Outlook) as well as a robust list of opportunities and/or risks each month.
The analyst will be responsible for tracking and analyzing over 100 separate charge numbers on a weekly basis.
In addition, the candidate is responsible for ensuring charge codes are established timely and that team has appropriate Work Authorization Documents to charge their time.
Typical education / experience minimums
- Bachelors Degree and 2-4 years of experience as a financial analyst or a Masters Degree and 2 years experience as a financial analyst
- Strong MS Excel (e.g. Pivot tables) and Office skills (e.g. Power Point)
- Ability to secure a Public Trust Clearance
- Self Starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Prior experience in government contracting
- Ability to pull reports from Cost Point
- Experience with Leidos finance and financial systems