The Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group of Leidos is accepting applications for possible future Biomedical Life Scientists who will provide scientific, technical, and administrative support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The CDMRP supports research projects within a broad range of medical research fields and military health. The Biomedical Life Scientist will work across several medical and/or military research programs in support of various clients at the CDMRP. This is NOT a laboratory research position. This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland. Some local travel is required.
- Planning and execution of a variety of scientific meetings
- Development and tracking of schedules for tasks and deliverables
- Providing scientific and administrative note taking support by recording critical information from scientific meetings and writing comprehensive meeting reports
- Drafting scientific materials, including research highlights, meeting summaries, and funding opportunities
- Conducting analyses of funding portfolio data and research outcomes and assembling data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using IT data management systems
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in biology, life sciences, or a related discipline, with 1-2 years related experience is desired.