Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator supporting the operations and maintenance, development, and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment.
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the life cycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems engineering, system administration, integration, troubleshooting, and system security. In addition, support Operations & Maintenance activities on existing systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization's IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong Linux administration experience with RHEL, SE Linux, and/or centOS, including:
- Integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening.
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems.
- Virtual Environment administration - Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- System integration - experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Strong preference for the candidate to have at least a years' experience as a Windows or Network Administrator. Specifically, network experience with system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Small scale development of script level routines and web applications: languages (Shell Script, python, Perl).
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification (SSCP, Network +, or similar certification and actual implementation experience in this domain) is a plus