Education / Experience
Bachelor's/2 years related experience, or AA/4 years related experience, or High School Diploma/6 years related experience
- Participate as a member of an integrated team providing Time Space Position Information (TSPI) instrumentation, tactical system instrumentation, and Radio Frequency (RF) instrumentation in deployed environments.
- Directly contribute to technical planning, design, verification, and fielding to ensure the instrumentation products support overall JDAT data collection, reduction and analysis.
- Develop and integrate Global Positioning System (GPS) based instrumentation solutions (hardware, firmware, and software) for TSPI data collection on exercise participant platforms (static and mobile) at deployed field locations.
- Fabricate and integrate power, computer interfaces and supporting air conditioning for tactical system data collection on exercise participant platforms (static and mobile) at deployed locations.
- Develop and integrate solutions for capture of analog tactical radio communications (antennas, antenna mounts, radio cabling) associated with exercise participant platforms and conversion for digital recording.
- Calibrate, test, repair, configure, install instrumentation (e.g., TSPI, GPS, System data collection; and RF, audio, video recording systems)
- Interact with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Experience with one or more of the following functions:
- RF electrical/cabling components and architectures
- RF instrumentation and measurements
- GPS recording systems and audio/video recording systems
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to become certified in tower climbing to install instrumentation and communication assets
- Ability to deploy for extended periods to austere field environments
- Ability to communicate with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Prior military service in instrumentation/RF fields
External Referral Eligible