Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Problem Management Analyst. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
- The Problem Management Analyst will be a part of the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Thread (SDT) and work directly with the Performance Management (PM) team.
- The Problem Management Analyst will establish processes, coordinate and oversee daily GSMO Problem Management functions to include data analysis and technical problem review.
- The Analyst will work closely with technical SMEs from all services, but should have a strong understanding and working knowledge of the DISN and JRSS networks.
- Responsible for collection, analysis, trending, and proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN and JRSS networks.
- Strong organizational skills in order to actively monitor, track, analyze, and report problem candidates and tickets.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical staff and with business customers
- Ability to report trends and patterns in a manner consumable for executive leadership.
- Perform examination of incident and event management artifacts to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Analytical ability to identify underlying issues and the risks they pose using a variety of performance management data sources.
- Deliver best practice / experience-based process documentation guidance and assistance.
- Perform proactive monitoring of network elements, metrics, and alarms to identify components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong knowledge and experience with BMC Remedy and BMC ITSM.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
- Knowledgeable on circuit provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies.
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to innovate
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
- Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc)
- Understanding of Network Operation
External Referral Eligible