The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Chief Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Chief Engineer is needed to provide leadership support for a large, complex, mature system development and integration effort and help transition the program from the current state to a new, large-systems development, integration and sustainment acquisition. The selected candidate will provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, high level and detailed system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will develop detailed system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities also include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns.
The selected candidate will provide leadership and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with technical professionals from customer organizations when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and twelve (12) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
External Referral Eligible