Join our growing team and take your skills to the next level!! Leidos has immediate opportunities for Lead Software Engineers at our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. We look to hire driven and talented individuals, so relocation assistance is available. For consideration, you must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Communicate progress against plan to senior engineers and project managers, including identifying risks, opportunities, and dependencies
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience.
- Hands-on programming expertise with Java/C++
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship is required for this position.