Leidos is seeking an Operations Manager who will have responsibility for sustaining assured service delivery, business process management, data management and control, and quality control/assurance in support of a large federal contract. This role is located onsite in Austin, TX (no remote ability). The Operations Manager will lead the enablement of continual service improvement for a PMO team. This position will have responsibility for managing a staff of business process analysts, who own multiple diverse business processes. Assists the Program Manager in crafting the strategic vision, managing communications, monitoring customer SLAs and metrics, providing governance of internal projects, and working to stage the task order for a successful future re-compete. Works directly with customer representatives on a wide range of issues and opportunities
- Leads a team of Business Process Analysts in developing new processes, standards, data management practices, or operational plans in support of the task order
- Assists the Program Manager in exceeding financial goals and expectations
- Solves complex problems and issues by gathering and analyzing information to understand the problem
- Initiates and completes multiple small projects to launch new tools, processes, or continual improvement efforts for both internal and externals shareholders
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents
- Requires ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within the Business Process Analyst team, in accordance with Program Manager review and approval.
- Has broad management and leadership knowledge to lead successful projects and operations.
- Has advanced knowledge and skills within the scope of US federal contracting practices
- Support other duties as assigned
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- People Management Skills: Must have the ability to manage a team responsible for delivering high-quality outputs on time and within quality expectations. Ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the task order
- Customer Interface Skills: Extraordinary customer service skills. As a primary customer interface, must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, assure customer expectations are being met effectively and have a sense of urgency in completing customer requests
- Experience with T&M and FFP federal contracts
- Manages conflicts and resolves problems
- Self-directed and goal-oriented
- Strong in analytical and project management.
- Experience working with federal customers on a federal site
- PMP certification
- ITIL Foundations certification