The Leidos Defense Group currently has a position opening for a Security Systems Technician at our customer site at Ft. Meade, MD. This classified position will directly help secure sensitive facilities against unauthorized entry.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, test, training and maintenance of physical security electronic, mechanical and CCTV equipment.
- The equipment includes, door contacts, motion detectors, duress switches, glass break sensors, card readers, command keypads, turnstiles, request for exit devices, equipment enclosures, junction boxes, power supplies, media converters, cameras, camera lenses, camera mounts, conduct installation, copper and fiber optic wiring for all.
- Work may be performed in confined spaces, hazardous areas, commercial leased facilities and/or Government owned facilities.
- Work may be performed at heights on masts, towers, roofs and lift equipment. Long term standing or sitting may be experienced.
- Installs, configures, tests, and provides training and maintenance on project components.
- Installs components and wiring on Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS), and Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV).
- Configures security systems and related equipment.
- Ensures work is in accordance with applicable codes and standard practices.
- Provides system turnover to customers including training.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and recommends potential solutions for system errors and failures.
- Install IDS on Perimeter Fencing
- Provides timely, on budget installation planning of crew(s) or team(s) tasking for projects.
- Conducts quality assurance (QA) on all IDS, ACS and CCTV equipment installations.
- Conducts work order, manual interpretation, blue print interpretation, standards compliance and schematic diagram interpretation supervision for crew(s) and team(s).
- Supervises contractor performance as it relates troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem resolution services.
- Requires a High School Diploma and a minimum of 6+ years experience in installation of security, video surveillance, card access and alarm systems of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Must have an active Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph equivalent upon hire.
- Travel is required in and out of the Continental U.S.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a U.S. Passport is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate industry safety certifications is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Factory trained in a major IDS, ACS and/or CCTV solution such as LENEL, HONEYWELL, SENSORMATIC or BOSCH.
- LENEL OnGuard Enterprise Security System certification (1000 and 2000).