The Defense group at Leidos is actively seeking a Customer Support Technician. This candidate will be a member of the Hampton Roads Customer Support team responsible for supporting the Joint Service Provider inventory activities for network assets in Suffolk, VA.
- Support Joint Service Provider Asset Management operations.
- Responsibilities will include the control and management of Information Technology assets.
- Troubleshoot and analyze problems with Thin Clients, desktops laptops, printers and peripheral equipment.
- Deliver assets to support break/fix and life-cycle management (LCM) actions.
- Work closely with other Tier II technicians, assisting with customer reported issues via Remedy ticketing system.
- Prepare equipment for shipping to other Joint Service Provider locations.
- Creates and maintains updated and accurate Work Instruction and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
The work location is within the JSP/JPH, Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Understands logistic operations with a DOD environment to include procedures for equipment relocation/movement between dispersed locations.
- Shift schedule will be daily Monday thru Friday.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- ACTIVE FINAL SECRET CLEARANCE
- Working knowledge of Remedy IT Service Management System
- DOD 8140 (previously 8570.01m) compliant:
- Current Security+ CE certification
- Current Microsoft Windows OS certification