The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Data Scientist to work in Springfield, after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and conduct algorithm quality trade studies related to synthetic aperture radar imagery, identifying best use cases for selected algorithms, and characterizing performance of algorithms when used outside the best use case scenarios.
- Prototype an analytical procedure that will generate confidence values based on algorithm outputs.
- Refine the verification and validation process for analytics.
- Enhance existing models to leverage analytic output for driving automated tasking.
- Develop scripts for running and testing the algorithms and analytics, using programs such as Databricks, Python, and Jupyter Notebook.
- Make presentations and reports at the request of the government in addition to a task kick off, midpoint review, and final report and presentation.
- Experience in at least two of the following areas is required: Mathematics/Statistics; Computer Science; Domain Expertise/ Analysis; and Presentation.
- 9 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Experience with synthetic aperture radar image science or analysis; other remote sensing imaging such as multispectral; programming and script development; data science; Python, Databricks, Jupyter Notebook; Intelligence Community analytical workflows.