The Leidos Defense Group currently has a position opening at our customer site at Ft. Meade, MD. This classified position will directly help secure sensitive facilities against unauthorized entry.
The job of the Network Administrator is to assist with installation actions and support the daily operations and upgrades of existing security systems. This will include rack up/system installation and configuration of equipment for operations centers at Ft. Meade.
• Analyzes organization's needs, conducts technical research, and implements appropriate solutions to meet Government needs and comply with established standards
• Provides Enterprise network administration, configuration, and infrastructure management for servers, CISCO switches, CISCO routers, to include; wireless infrastructure, and Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
• Ensures high availability of critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Recommends to the leadership new infrastructure technologies.
• Administers and configures Cisco based network infrastructure.
• Designs, plans, manages, maintains, and supports network-related infrastructure.
• Supports efforts with network design and technical direction.
• Ensures environment is properly maintained and designed to support the mission.
Supports development and integration of applications and infrastructure services
• Assists with network coordination, identify flaws and resolve system integration issues.
• Identify improvements and introduce automation to improve processes and procedures.
• Establishes, configures, administers, and manages authentication and load balancing servers.
• Monitors security of devices and implement new configurations and upgrades for Enterprise devices.
• Monitors and reports Enterprise WAN bandwidth utilization and circuit latency.
• Plans and executes Enterprise software and hardware upgrades and revisions.
• Conducts system analyses to resolve configuration and equipment problems.
• Interfaces with third party vendors to assist with problem resolution.
• Serves as focal point for problem resolution for Enterprise network issues.
- Requires a BS and 6+v years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- At least 6+ years' experience in network system /subsystem support and maintenance to include performance of network system/subsystem testing using a Windows based operating system for network connectivity (IP and Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration).
- Certification required in one or more of the following; IAT Level 2, Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MSCE), training certifications from Foundry Networks or Brocade Networks.
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs.
- Must have an active Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph equivalent upon hire.
- Candidate must be familiar with Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, network test equipment and encryption devices
- Must be able to work independently.