The Defense group at Leidos is looking for a Senior Network Operations Manager to join their team on an important mission in Arlington, Virginia.
The candidate will be the Senior leading member of the JSP Network Operations Center team located in Arlington, Virginia.
- Responsible for the technical planning, and supporting the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), and the Joint Staff to include 2.5K customers within the Pentagon.
- Lead an eight member team of JS NOC Analysts providing 24x7x365 [JS] Network Monitoring and Reporting services in order to gather timely information for outages, system degradation, reports, statistics, and trend analysis related to the overall network performance (system availability, utilization, data storage use, user access, etc.) and security status in accordance with JS Network Operations Center. Key lead in event monitoring and incident management.
- Demonstrate technical guidance in establishing processes and procedures, and utilizing "best of breed" tools to support front-line troubleshooting and analysis of incidents. Ensure system events and outages are accurately documented and that all major events and outages are properly escalated, communicated and resolved as quickly as possible in accordance with JSP Network Operations Center Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and event logs.
- Lead engineers with the ability to directly respond to various Joint Staff teams (Service Desk, Executive Support, Applications/Servers, Security Operations) and senior government officials as an escalation point for unresolved issues. Contribute to and maintain system standards. Research and recommend innovative approaches for system administration tasks and identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide monthly report service metrics per SLA (Service Level Agreement) to leadership, enabling trend analysis and ensuring compliance standards are met.
- Assist the JSP Battle Captain (BC) with JS outages and CCIRS for quality assurance messaging; elevate to BC outages that meet CCIR criteria.
- Initiate reporting, documentation, and facilitate technical response of [JS] outages until final resolution
- Track ASIs (Authorized Service Interruptions) and de-conflict JS Enterprise IT maintenance with JS mission scope
- Operate, configure and administer the [JS] network management tools.
- Assists the BC and MGT with random requests for data, dashboards, or presenting of data when needed
- Monitor Joint Staff User Experience and highlight issues as they arise
- Attend JSP IT Services leadership meetings for situational awareness; report to the BC on current and upcoming events that may impact the JS mission scope or official travel
- Coordinate with the Executive Communication Team to ensure reporting and tracking tools for VIP support are in place, and provide situational awareness to the BC
- Coordinate with the Chairman's Communications Team to project future official travel dates; de-conflict ASIs that may impact travel and assist with the testing of travel kit availability and performance
Experienced using the following tools:
• What's Up Gold
• System Center Operations Manager SCOM (Primary Server tool)
• VM Ware Horizon View
• Veritas Cluster Manager
• Aternity Enterprise Desktop Monitoring software (primary tool for desktops)
• Slack Chat
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Sec+CE Certification, or CISSP Preferred
- Final TS Clearance