Leidos is seeking a Transition Manager within the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation.
Location is flexible, telework is possible and travel will be required.
- Leads and manages day-to-day transition activities for transferring operations and responsibility from the incumbent to the Leidos Team.
- Plans, organizes, secures, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of the transition.
- Interfaces with Government, project leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Requires travel and extended stays in various locations across the continental United States.
Duties include ensuring that the transition occurs within the defined schedule, scope, time, and budget constraints; management of the transition plan and IMS; management, tasking and scheduling of the transition teams conducting inventory and system surveys, technical training, functional training and other hiring activities; customer meetings and program team meetings to facilitate a smooth transition; and, other related activities.
- Previous program transition experience on other government contracts preferred, including experience managing and transitioning large scale complex programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years prior relevant work experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience managing and transitioning large scale complex programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interfacing with the Government, leadership and staff.