Leidos is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Hawai'i Energy program team as a Budget Analyst in the Program Support Services group. This position will be responsible for supporting financial and administrative program efforts. Candidate must be positive, highly motivated, well-organized, self-starting, and work well in a team environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Prepare relevant, accurate and timely reports of budgetary and financial performance to the Program Support Services Manager, including variance and other financial analysis
• Assist in developing and managing detailed program/project-level budgets
• Perform forecasting analysis to assess program performance and provide recommendations on allocation of available funds
• Participate in Procurement, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable functions on behalf of the Finance team.
• Oversee all customer invoicing activities
• Provide recruiting and onboarding support for new hires
• Assist in developing external customer deliverables
• Other duties as assigned
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required with 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience in budgeting, financial analysis, accounting and/or related areas
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
• Able to work independently and multi-task with attention to details, accuracy, and deadlines
• Takes initiative to ensure program objectives are met and is willing to assist other team members as needed.
• Substantial experience with Microsoft Excel and other MS software
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with customers, vendors and team members
• Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities
• Project accounting experience and familiarity with Costpoint or other project accounting systems a plus
• Human Resources experience and familiarity a plus.
About Hawai'i Energy
Hawai'i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai'i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai'i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai'i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai'i Business Magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work 2018 ", we are looking for someone to join our team in supporting energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come.