The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Scientist to work in Springfield, after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researches, designs, and tests methods for training neural networks to recognize objects in remote sensing imagery, with small training datasets.
- Uses techniques from transfer learning, also known as few-shot or one-shot detection.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and strong Python programming skills required
- 9 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks, computer vision techniques, national imagery, metadata, virtual environments, and GPU-computing desired.
- Advanced linear algebra mathematics skill is a plus.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.