- Leidos is seeking an Associate Project Manager- for electric utilities in our Seattle WA office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants to our utility clients Nation-wide.
• Perform duties involving planning, budgeting, and scheduling all aspects of one or more capital improvement projects; negotiating and administering consultant contracts, coordinating design reviews, environmental reviews, right-of-way and permit acquisition; coordinating bidding and contract awards; supervising construction; and monitoring project closeout.
• Attends planning meetings to determine objectives, program plans and project scope.
• Develops and negotiates schedules for design and construction; and monitors and coordinates activities of contractors, consultants, committees, community organizations, and users during construction.
• Coordinates consultant selection process; negotiates and administers consultant contracts; coordinates all aspects of contract between other staff; and evaluates consultant performance.
• Develops contract and project specifications and negotiates contracts for design and construction of projects.
• Coordinates review of design prepared by consultants and construction work
performed by contractors.
• Monitors and evaluates projects to ensure adherence to project specifications and standards. Authorizes payments to contractors upon completion of major work activities.
• Prepares and processes change orders.
• Verifies accuracy of product and service invoices and project accounting.
• Coordinates project closeout and budget reconciliation.
• Plans capital improvement and other projects by preparing
necessary documents outlining scope of project, objectives, methodologies and major duties of project participants.
• Prepares reports, correspondence, advertisements, and official documents.
Typically 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience in the utilities industry with project or construction management or related experience and a Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration, Urban Planning or related field.
Excellent project management skills
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver's license
• Familiarity with electric power industry
• Knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services