Are you a Data Scientist that likes to perform research-level data analytics willing to work in Bethesda, MD and at our customer sites in the National Capital Region to support ongoing and future programs to advance the state of the art in research and advanced machine learning, natural language processing, and data fusion applications in the areas of mission-focused big data analytics? You will be designing and optimizing a Data Science platform to advance national security objectives, produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with actionable intelligence insights. Exciting right!!
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Work closely with software developers, network engineers, senior investigators, program managers, researchers, and data analysts on small teams to design and optimize a Data Science platform (DOMEX Data Discovery Platform - D3P) to produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations.
- Work on small projects analyzing a variety of big data covering national security, cyber security, business intelligence, online social media, human behavior and more.
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
- Have a mix of intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify novel sources of data across a range of fields, to improve the performance of predictive algorithms, and to encourage user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
- Have a strong background in research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- B.S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science; or Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree including certificate-based advanced training courses;
- 4+ years of experience in data science, analytics or quantitative intelligence analysis, and demonstrating progressive technical development and outcomes. 2+ years of experience required with MS.
- Must have an active TS clearance and must be able to achieve a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Significant experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
- Proficient in one or more big data programming languages, such as Java or Python
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical platforms
- Previous experience performing research in Data Analytics or big data
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- A significant share of your data analytics experience in direct support if military or intelligence community customers, demonstrating progressive technical development and mission-focused outcomes
- Significant experience dealing with open source, publicly available information (PAI) data sources and types
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
- Previous experience developing predictive algorithms
- Experience supporting cyber security or network security operations
- Familiarity with social network analysis, supply chain analysis, forensic accounting, pattern of life, natural language processing, social media analysis, classification algorithms, and/or image processing
- Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
- Familiarity utilizing virtualization and distributed field systems, such as Hadoop (or similar distributed file systems) in development and deployment environments
- Familiarity using git, svn, JIRA, or other version control technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS/C2S)
- Familiarity with hardware platforms, e.g., CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, etc.