Job Requisition:Senior Java Application Software Developer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Job Description: This position is for a Senior Java Software Developer on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program provides software development support for a variety of ATF custom software applications; these needs are growing as we support the customer’s move to the cloud and the associated application migration and modernization, and we are expanding our team. The individual selected for this position will work closely with the ATF to satisfy rapidly emerging Java development requirements, and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet customer requirements using an Agile methodology. This assignment mixes Front end GUI design and development skills (e.g., Angular.js, Node.js, Express.js, bootstrap, CSS, HTML etc.) with Java development skills to construct innovative solutions for the ATF.
This position is based onsite with the customer at the ATF Headquarters location in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; this position also offers the ability for significant virtual support. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with the customer and program team.
- Develop and maintain Java software applications using Agile software development techniques
- Support software application migration from an on-premise data center to a cloud environment
- Consult with the business process owners, customers, users and constituents to develop and analyze customer requirements
- Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in the performance of project tasks
- Perform application testing
- Create and maintain application documentation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 7 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 5 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Agile development experience
- Application Server Experience with Agile development
- Cloud development experience
- Java Development JDK 1.7 / 1.8 (or higher); J2EE Technologies
- REST API, SOAP
- Relational SQL
- JBoss Middleware
- Apache Web Server
- HTML, CSS & Webservices
- RedHat Linux
- AWS Technologies (API Gateway, S3, Lamba, etc.)
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills, including team leadership experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repository, CloudFormation
- Integrated Development Environment
- Mobile application development experience
- Testing experience, including automated testing
- Project management experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
This position is contingent on receipt of required clearance, and is contingent of receipt of required funding from the Government customer.
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.