Job Requisition:NISSC II Chief Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) – Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II).
NISSC II provides for Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment (OM&S) of the baseline NISSC II covered systems. The NISSC II covered systems provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in operational work centers at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS), Peterson AFB (PAFB), Offutt AFB (OAFB), Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), and other military sites, world-wide.
The Chief Engineer is ultimately responsible for all engineering aspects of NISSC II including system engineering, integration planning, and test engineering.
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the quality of Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) performance, Risk Management plans, system safety, environmental and infrastructure systems, Program Protection planning, and engineering studies. The Chief Engineer will oversee Requirements Analysis and Configuration Management, Design Reviews, and Development, Integration, and Test Capability, and External Interface Impact Assessments.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the technical personnel involved in providing engineering services in fulfillment of the contract
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise for system designs, development, test, deployment, and sustainment
- Provide technical leadership to support technical planning, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for the NISSC II systems
- Manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of engineering aspects of the contractual effort
- Develop Engineering Change Proposals and Rough Order of Magnitude cost estimate
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel
- Present Engineering content at all Milestone Reviews
- Leading Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs)
- Provide guidance and support for development and delivery of technical CDRLs
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Support process improvement and innovation
- Master's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 15+ years of relevant management experience or Doctorate degree with 13+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a Lead Engineer on large (over $150M total value) DoD programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, business, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
- Experience with ITIL service desk implementation and monitoring
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.