Job Requisition:NISSC II Chief Technical Lead
Leidos is seeking a Chief Technical Lead for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) – Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II).
NISSC II provides for Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment (OM&S) of the baseline NISSC II covered systems. The NISSC II covered systems provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in operational work centers at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS), Peterson AFB (PAFB), Offutt AFB (OAFB), Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), and other military sites, world-wide.
The Chief Technical Lead has ultimate science and engineering responsibility for the contract, manages the Chief Engineer and Chief Scientist, and is responsible for technical delivery and quality of ITIL service transitions, technology refresh, engineering enhancements, upgrades, and data and algorithm enhancements
- Manage the Chief Engineer, Chief Scientist, and system enhancement activities in to meet contract deliverables and Service Level Agreements
- Act as the technical liaison between the contract and customer. Prepare for and attend program , working groups, project planning, increment planning, deployment and verification planning, Joint Engineering Review Board, Technical Interchange, and various meetings and forums with key stakeholders as Subject Matter Expert on status of and tasks required to implement the mission
- Characterize and deconflict competing requirements that may result in system impacts or risks
- Manage the quality of the contractor Technical Baseline including Interface Control Documents, architectural documents, algorithm documentation, Software Version Descriptions, Engineering Drawings, Software Design Descriptions, Software Installation Plans
- Master's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 15+ years of relevant management experience or Doctoral degree with 13+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program
- 7+ years of recent experience as a technical lead on large (over $150M total value) DoD program encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
- Experience with ITIL service desk implementation and monitoring
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes
- Experience with missile characterization data and missile threat impact algorithms
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.