- 10+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or related discipline, or relevant industry experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding about many aspects of enterprise-scale information technology deployments.
- Hands-on knowledge with three or more of the following core disciplines: RHEL/CentOS, hypervisors (esp. VMware),VPNs, storage platforms inc. SANs, Cloud hosting, Active Directory, Windows server operating systems, network configuration inc firewalls, routing, switching
- Technical experience supporting IT projects within MOD / highly secure preferred.
Active UK SC clearance (or higher) or able to obtain a UK SC clearance within 3 months
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and understanding within Linux and windows server operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of command enterprise-scale monitoring solutions.
- Experience of managing infrastructure within replica and disaster recovery environments.
- Working knowledge with Windows Server operating systems - interrogating logs, supporting the diagnostics of issues
- Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (i.e. AWS), support the migration and provide long term support of systems within various hosted platforms (cloud, private cloud, on premise, hybrid)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - expect to liaise closely with others and write documentation.
- Flexible to take on additional infrastructure and technical responsibilities as deem necessary.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework using appropriate change control processes etc.
- Demonstrated experience of managing services within highly-available clustered infrastructure components.
- Methodical thinking and logical problem solver for resolving complex problems.
- Self-starter / self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fast learner and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy.