No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Description: This position is for an Infrastructure Engineering Manager on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the Justice Management Division (JMD). The program provides a range of IT services, including Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Active Directory (AD) and Microsoft Exchange services, Mobility Engineering, software application support, help desk, deskside support, managed print services, IT Service Management (ITSM), and video conferencing.
The individual selected for this position will be a first-line manager leading a high-performance team located in several physical locations in the Washington, DC, metro area. ESA IV is a fast-paced program and the individual selected for this position must be able to handle multiple priorities and communicate clearly and effectively to the customer. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with the customer and program team.
This position will manage 3 technical teams: the Desktop Engineering team, the AD/Microsoft Exchange team, and the Mobility Engineering team. The individual selected for this position will manage the workload of the employees and subcontractors on these teams, and will lead short and long-term technical projects for the customer. This individual will also have Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities associated with their scope of work, be responsible for the functional management of the Leidos employees on these teams, maintain staffing, ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in the teams' areas of responsibility are met, and earn and maintain customer confidence.
The Desktop Engineering team provides services to ATF and JMD customers, as well as to other DOJ Federal Components on an as-needed basis. This team is chartered with developing, managing, and maintaining the Windows desktop image for ESA IV customers. In delivering Desktop Engineering Services to ATF, the selected individual will provide hands-on leadership and execution of Desktop Engineering Services. Experience with Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and various Microsoft operating systems is required. The team supports a Windows 10 environment. The work assignment will involve testing new operating systems and new types of hardware; validating patches, firmware updates, and drivers; testing peripherals; managing the distribution infrastructure which pushes updates to the end users; serving as Tier 3 support for user problems; and acting as the subject matter experts for workstation imaging.
The AD/Microsoft Exchange team provides services to ATF customers, including managing and maintaining the Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and associated Operating System Security systems, serving as Tier 3 support for user problems in these areas, and acting as the subject matter experts for associated questions and issues.
The Mobility Engineering team provides services to ATF customers, including managing and maintaining the AirWatch Mobile Device Management (MDM) system supporting the users' IPhones and other mobile devices, serving as Tier 3 support for user problems associated with their mobile devices, and acting as the subject matter experts for Mobility questions and issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 8 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven customer relationship skills and ability to work collaboratively with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience managing a technology refresh project
- Ability to perform unit and integration tests of assigned products
- Debugging and technical documentation skills
- Desktop imaging skills (e.g. performing backup/restore of desktop images).
- Experience managing large-scale Windows environments
- Understanding of operating system security considerations
- Knowledgeable about Windows-10 components such as registry, services, COTS install/uninstall procedures.
- Experience with patch/image deployment tools, such as SCCM and BigFix
- Enthusiasm for working in a high performing team environment and collaborating with customers and users to define scope and design
- Self-motivated to learn new skills for solving challenging engineering, scientific and information technology challenges
- Functional management experience
- Cost, Schedule or Project Management experience
- Proficient writing and adapting Windows scripts (e.g., PowerShell, VB Script, Batch)
- Experience with Data At Rest Solutions (e.g., BitLocker, Symantec, McAfee)
- Experience with Windows Active Directory design and administration
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with Operating System Security
- Experience with Mobility Engineering
- Experience with AirWatch or other MDM systems
- Experience working in Federal Government customer environments
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.