We seek to build a team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
- The Desktop Support/Voice-Video technicians provides PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support which may include duties such as:
- Unpacking and setting up PCs
- Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
- Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
- Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
- Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
- Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including:
- Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
- Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS - GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
- Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
- Support network and locally attached printers
- Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Be Accountable
- Solve Problems
- Take Ownership
- Be Client Centric
- Be Effective
- Security +
- Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
"EXTERNAL REFERRAL ELIGIBLE"