No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Description: This position is for an Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Active Directory (AD) and Microsoft Exchange services, Mobility Engineering, software application support, help desk, deskside support, managed print services, IT Service Management (ITSM), and video conferencing.
The individual selected for this position will support the Chief Engineer and the Infrastructure and Applications Manager in providing a wide range of services to the ATF and other DOJ customers, including project management, technical leadership, systems engineering, system design, systems test and integration, and operations support.
- Oversee requirements, scope, and architecture for technical baselines
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex IT infrastructure problems utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques
- Lead efforts to modernize IT infrastructure and enhance IT infrastructure reliability and availability
- Design and develop solutions to technical problems and issues
- Design, develop, and implement solutions to new customer requirements in support of component development/integration and other engineering support tasks
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers
- Create/review technical designs and make cost-effective solution recommendations
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Brief senior leaders within the government on the status of ongoing projects, and on recommendations for implementation of new and emerging technologies
- Document requirements and properly manage updates and deployments using existing change management processes
- Lead and contribute to proposals for on-contract growth and follow-on efforts
- Support the Program Manager, Chief Engineer and Infrastructure and Applications Manager as required for ongoing and emerging program needs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 12 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven customer relationship skills and ability to work collaboratively with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience managing a technology refresh project
- Four or more years of experience in an engineering discipline with an emphasis on software, hardware or network development, integration and maintenance
- Broad IT Infrastructure knowledge and experience
- Hands on experience with Hyper-V, Storage, Active Directory, ADF, SCCM and BigFix
- Enthusiasm for working in a high performing team environment and collaborating with customers and users to define scope and design
- Self-motivated to learn new skills for solving challenging engineering, scientific and information technology challenges
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- Cloud development and testing experience
- Experience migrating services and applications to Cloud
- Software development and/or test experience
- Agile certifications and experience leading Agile efforts, particularly as Scrum Master
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in Federal Government customer environments
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.