Due to growth, the Electronic Warfare Division is seeking a Principal Investigator / Program Manager with successful experience in the areas of business development, capture, and program execution. We're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to work with our existing and new R&D clients, developing advanced solutions to very challenging communications systems, electronic warfare (EW), and signals intelligence (SIGINT) problems. The successful Principal Investigator / Program Manager will need a sense of ownership of the full project lifecycle, performing:
- Pre-Proposal Business Development Support: Develop innovative technical concepts and solutions for advanced systems across multiple disciplines (hardware, real-time software, signal processing, integration and test) and multiple sensor modalities. Meet with client decision makers to describe our existing capabilities and to help shape future opportunities
- Proposal Support: Provide hands on technical leadership during proposals,
- Program Execution: Lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to achieve program objectives on time and budget
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Drive all aspects of the opportunity pursuits successfully through the Win Plan process.
- Lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Interact routinely with Business Area Leads, the Division Manager, technical staff, and customers.
- Brief opportunity status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team to include multiple subcontractors
- Lead the team and ensure the production and delivery of a wide array of contract deliverables.
- Manage cost, schedule, and performance for a diverse set of tasks being performed by staff from multiple technical and non-technical disciplines
- Work closely with the Government customers to maintain and grow our business
- Relevant B.S. degree (M.S. Degree preferred) in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 8+ years of relevant experience with at least 4+ years as a Program or Project Manager
- Demonstrated leadership of small multi-disciplinary technical teams and projects
- Experience successfully capturing and executing programs
- Experience writing technical whitepapers and proposals
- Experience in EW, SIGINT, and/or communications systems as a technical leader
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.
- M.S. Degree in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Experience working in a Research and Development environment