Leidos is seeking a Chief Technical Lead for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) - Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II).
NISSC II provides for Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment (OM&S) of the baseline NISSC II covered systems. The NISSC II covered systems provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in operational work centers at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS), Peterson AFB (PAFB), Offutt AFB (OAFB), Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), and other military sites, world-wide.
The Chief Technical Lead has ultimate science and engineering responsibility for the contract, manages the Chief Engineer and Chief Scientist, and is responsible for technical delivery and quality of ITIL service transitions, technology refresh, engineering enhancements, upgrades, and data and algorithm enhancements
- Manage the Chief Engineer, Chief Scientist, and system enhancement activities in to meet contract deliverables and Service Level Agreements
- Act as the technical liaison between the contract and customer. Prepare for and attend program , working groups, project planning, increment planning, deployment and verification planning, Joint Engineering Review Board, Technical Interchange, and various meetings and forums with key stakeholders as Subject Matter Expert on status of and tasks required to implement the mission
- Characterize and deconflict competing requirements that may result in system impacts or risks
- Manage the quality of the contractor Technical Baseline including Interface Control Documents, architectural documents, algorithm documentation, Software Version Descriptions, Engineering Drawings, Software Design Descriptions, Software Installation Plans
- Master's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 15+ years of relevant management experience or Doctoral degree with 13+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program
- 7+ years of recent experience as a technical lead on large (over $150M total value) DoD program encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Master's degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
- Experience with ITIL service desk implementation and monitoring
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes
- Experience with missile characterization data and missile threat impact algorithms