The Leidos Defense Group currently has a position opening for a Security Systems Admin. at our customer site in Ft. Meade, MD. This classified position will directly help secure sensitive facilities against unauthorized entry.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex technical issues specific to Unix and Windows that impact multiple areas.
Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides hands on problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems in a Tier 2 setting.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years' experience in programs and contracts within the Federal Government.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. 5+ years of system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Must have an active Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph equivalent upon hire.
- A minimum of 3+ years hands on experience with the provisioning of system admin services for an enterprise scale physical security system that uses messaging and distributed data processing.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 R2 on Dell Servers, Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment, Symantec NetBackup software
- LENEL OnGuard Enterprise Security System certification (1000-7000)