The Leidos Defense group is looking for a Junior Software Engineer in Long Beach, MS to support advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance. The work includes software development and support for autonomous surface vessels and software development on various hardware platforms and data acquisition systems.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within a distributed team environment in development and deployment of software applications.
- Develop maintainable code in accordance to design specifications
- Develop and test hardware such as Allen Bradley PLC's.
- Work within the Agile Scrum environment for software development, collaboration and source control.
- Use scripting languages such as Python for data analysis
- Work with technical teams such as systems engineering and test to verify software functionality
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software, computer or electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of C/C++,LINUX
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Willingness to travel
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.