The Leidos Defense group is looking for a Junior Software Engineer in Long Beach, MS to support advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance. The work includes software development and support for autonomous surface vessels and software development on various hardware platforms and data acquisition systems.
- Work within a distributed team environment in development and deployment of software applications.
- Develop maintainable code in accordance to design specifications
- Develop and test hardware such as Allen Bradley PLC's.
- Work within the Agile Scrum environment for software development, collaboration and source control.
- Use scripting languages such as Python for data analysis
- Work with technical teams such as systems engineering and test to verify software functionality
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software, computer or electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of C/C++,LINUX
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Willingness to travel