The Marine Systems Group at Leidos currently has an opening for (2) Electro-Mechanical Technicians to work in our South San Diego location supporting our line of business manufacturing and testing Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) system Anodes, Reference Cells and cabling for submarine, surface ship and offshore structures.
- Solder cable/connector assemblies
- Over-mold cable/connector assemblies with Polyurethane and other non-metallic compounds including various types of rubber and epoxy.
- Assemble sub-sea components utilizing two-part Polyurethane and epoxy adhesives.
- Document work performed including test data into job specific Work Control Packages.
- Perform continuity and Insulation Resistance tests on completed assemblies using electronic test equipment such as a voltmeter and Megohmmeter.
- Hydro-statically test completed products using on-site test equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 or more years of directly related experience.
- Read and understand assembly and detail drawings; follow written procedures and document actions performed while assembling components.
- Experience p erforming continuity and Insulation Resistance tests on completed assemblies using electronic test equipment such as a voltmeter, Megohmmeter and Hi-Pot.
- Ability to solder.
- Ability to mold Polyurethane cable assemblies.
- Ability to operate a transfer press for molding rubber and glass reinforced epoxy products.
- Have clear understanding of basic electrical principles
- Able to lift 50 lb. from ground level to waist high on a periodic basis.
- Prior experience fabricating sub-sea cable assemblies.