Job Requisition:Enterprise Applications Engineer - Client/Server Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and the cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Applications Engineer – Trusted virtualized Desktop Technologies to provide Applications Engineering support for a trusted virtualized Desktop cloud-based IaaS/PaaS data center. Responsibilities include:
- Broad understanding of evolving technical trends.
- Creative in applying trends to meet our customers’ mission requirements.
- Provides the development, shapes and delivers technical solutions.
- Solutions are focused to improve program performance and provide thought leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of related technologies to include, but not limited to: Unified Communications, MS-SharePoint, virtualized desktop, multi-level secured data-stores and other secure applications being offered to the user community.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Design, implement and monitors high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environment.
- Support the establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Write technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Deploy CM and versioning tools.
- Experiences with Server Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 2008 and higher and/or Linux 6 and higher).
- IT Infrastructure Technologies (e.g. Active Directory, DNS, Identity and Access Management); Desktop Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 10).
- Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware and HyperV); Storage Architectures and Technologies (e.g. NetApp).
- Traditional Client Server and AWS architectures.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI and Citrix).
- IT Tools expertise (e.g. Splunk, ServiceNow); Collaboration Technologies (e.g. Exchange, Skype); Software Development Frameworks and Tools (e.g. DevOps, Jira).
- Scripting and automation technologies (e.g. PowerShell).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related STEM technical discipline plus 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- In depth experience designing solutions that are: secure, resilient, scalable, and transformative.
- Experience using or administering Linux and Windows operating systems.
- 4-8 years of elaborating and relevant Information Technology experience.
- 2+ years of management skills with a passion for leading and developing staff.
- 2+ years of hands on experience of implementing Splunk and maintaining its operations.
- Proven track-record in designing Splunk in the cloud, particularly AWS, and migrating from a sizable on-prem installation.
- GIT experience very helpful.
- MCSE/MCITP Certifications; Other IT related certifications.
- AWS / Cloud experience is a plus
- Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.