The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opening for a Sr. Oracle Database Engineer on our prime contract in Annapolis Junction, MD. Come work in our state of the art Leidos facility!
As a Sr. Oracle Database Engineer you will join a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides software design, development, and component testing to an important customer in the cyber arena. More specifically, it has been the development contract for a major systems acquisition program within the one of the DoD's premier Cyberwarfare organizations to modernize the infrastructure used for managing its mission. This group of elite Cyber professionals is now focused on developing the next generation of cutting-edge Computer Network Operations (CNO) mission management capabilities.
The Sr. Oracle Database Engineer must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. They must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. The Engineer will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. The Engineer should be familiar with data replication and high-availability technologies. Other tasks may include installing database software, applying database software patches and upgrading the database structure, as well tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field of study
- Ten (10) or more years experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing Oracle databases in large distributed systems, supporting and administering databases with billions of rows of data.
- Five (5) years experience in developing Oracle databases utilizing clusters and replication/streaming technologies.
- Related Oracle Developer Certification is a firm requirement
- Desired Professional Experience:
- Oracle RAC experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment is desired