Job Requisition:VB.Net Software Engineer
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a VB.Net Software Engineer with a current DoD SECRET clearance. This position will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and supports the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and operating systems for a variety of engineering applications in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 2 years prior relevant experience or Masters with 1 year of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience in software development
- Possess and maintain a DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Interest in or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
*External Referral Eligible