Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Business Process Analyst to support our Corporate Information Office (CIO) Services Project LifeCycle (PLC) activities. This position is based in Reston, VA.
In this role, you will Interface with CIO Services Project and Program Managers to tailor the CIO Services PLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Operations Services, Blended) to their project's needs and to help them execute those projects efficiently and effectively. You will identify areas for PLC process improvement and develop and execute plans to implement those improvements. Additionally, you will identify and implement process improvement metrics and trend analysis, and assist in improving Project Risk Management process and reporting.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Research best business practices within and outside the organization, collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost.
- Determine how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes.
- Ensure quality, reduce costs, increase productivity and improve project lifecycle (PLC) time resulting in significant improvement, customer satisfaction and overall service excellence.
- Obtain a working understanding of the process, from Demand Management (Corporate Project Recommendations) through business case analysis, use case and requirements elicitation, design, implementation, testing, production and closure, to include both technical and business related considerations.
- Support all detailed aspects of the Leidos PLC: scheduling reviews, coordinating across all functional and technical organizations, attending all reviews, recording minutes and following up on action items.
- Coordinate across the Corporation on required compliance aspects, to include not only Corporate guidelines and policy but US Government and International Regulatory Compliance requirements.
- Assist Project Managers in tailoring and complying with the CIO Services PLC, ensuring Decision Tracking, Milestone and Gate (MAG) Review follow up and Action Item tracking. May be detailed to support IT projects as required.
- Assist in Risk Management activities, to include identifying key risk indicators/metrics and assisting management in the early identification of risk trends.
- Establish standards for measuring performance against process requirements - Including the developing metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Help align PLC process improvement to better support the Office of the CIO strategy.
- Collaborate on multiple initiatives to help advance the Organizational goals and efforts on operational excellence.
- Provide leadership in the area of process and continuous improvement, operational excellence, continuous improvement.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Business Analytics, or Business Administration with a focus on Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience supporting projects/programs for external customers using industry PLC best practices.
- Strong experience in full cycle business process improvement.
- Proven record of being results-oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with mid and senior management level professionals.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Familiar with any of the following: Agile framework, Risk Management, Program and Project Metrics Collection, ITSM, CMMI, Six Sigma, Sharepoint.