Leidos is seeking a Communication Specialist/Project Engineer to support the a customer with a focus on managing the program's internal and external communications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage internal and external communications to ensure a consistent communication approach; ensure communications reflect and support the contract's and corporate's strategic vision, goals and values.
- Manage content layout and communication design details; work with the Graphics Specialist as needed for advanced graphics and design requirements.
- Plan and communicate schedules and deadlines for the production of all communication materials.
- Plan, edit and gather/develop content for a variety of internal team communications mediums, including a weekly team newsletter and ad hoc email communications.
- Collect, consolidate, analyze, format and edit program information for weekly, monthly, quarterly program deliverables. Assist SMEs in fine-tuning inputs to ensure the intended and appropriate messaging is presented.
- Draft talking points or scripts for senior management to use during briefings, presentations, etc.
- Attend in-person and by phone (as appropriate) meetings with the team and/or customer. Local travel will be required to support customer-facing meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Record minutes/action items from meetings; ensure the intent and desired outcome of the actions are accurately captured and identify the owner(s) of the action.
- Stay informed and aware of program and corporate operations and initiatives; identify areas where additional internal or external communication is needed and develop a plan to meet those needs.
- Refine existing and establish new communications strategies in conjunction with senior managers.
- Ensure organizational initiatives are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Respond to feedback from the team and customers/stakeholders; adjust communications accordingly.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Strong, polished written, editing/proofreading, and oral communications skills.
- Solid facilitation and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service focus and the ability to maintain/manage confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to professionally interact with managers, staff, and customers at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Self-motivated, proactive, committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to make sound judgments and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies.
- Familiarity with information technology and software programs to include: MS Office and Adobe.
- HTML, Photoshop and experience using collaboration tools.
- Experience working in DoD and IC agencies; understanding of an Information Technology (IT) customer or office.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, or related field with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Masters degree with six (6) or more years' experience in a lead communications role; writing for a variety of different audiences; strategic communications planning and advising senior managers.
- Active TS/SCI is required.