Job Requisition:Electronic Systems Test Engineer
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) has an opening for an Electronic Systems Test Engineer in our San Diego, CA office (only 15 minutes from the beach). This is a an exciting opportunity to use your engineering experience in helping the Leidos execution team in the development, production, test and delivery of the cutting edge ground sensor system soon to be transitioned into the hands of the military end-users. The mission involves numerous (monthly) laboratory, field and flight tests events to validate and verify performance.
The skilled test engineer has responsibilities throughout the test program from inception through execution and post-test analysis and reporting. Responsibilities and routine daily activities include
• Firmware functional testing (Re-creating and resolving issues discovered in the field | Development of maintenance of test scripts – execution and analysis
• Field/Flight test preparation and execution: Design test configuration; tests that exercise full mission like specialized part of mission tests to evaluate functionality, subject to Gov constraints and test requirements; development of analysis tools to understand consequences of constrained testing as well as dry runs prior to field tests, qualify assets for field use; setup (test assets and ground truth equipment) at field tests; field work, including handling of test articles and test equipment (e.g. able to carry 50 lbs) and data QA, curation, and distribution
• Communications and end to end system testing
• Integration and test events, with installation of software modifications (to include software builds)
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years experiences working in an engineering disciple,
• At least 4 years of experience working in software, field and flight test engineering.
• Must have an active DoD secret clearance.
• Must have a working knowledge and experience programming using a current analysis and programming toolset, e.g. MATLAB, LabView or python.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• An active DoD TS clearance.
• Knowledge of signal processing and seismic, acoustic, or magnetic signal phenomenology.
• Experience with software or firmware development on low-power micro-processors is desirable, as is experience working with RF transmitters, receivers and test equipment (spectrum analyzers).
• Practical experience working with environmental qualification and EMI test chambers.
• A desire to travel 25-40% is a bonus.
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.