The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Performance and Load Test Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
- Define solutions / architecture for an overall eRA Performance Test Approach.
- Define common performance metrics for eRA web applications and services, and establish a measurable baseline.
- Assist Business Teams in the development of application-specific, non-functional requirements related to performance & scalability.
- Design, develop, execute and analyze performance tests.
- Manage the creation of required test data and data loads for each performance test run.
- Communicate with Systems Engineering and Operations staff as required to interpret and evaluate results.
- Report results and recommendations to the Business Teams. Assist with debugging defects.
- Create and maintain test artifacts (detailed test plans, reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Training and knowledge transfer to support the expansion of eRA performance testing capability
The ideal candidate will have 10 plus years of professional SW Testing experience and 7 plus years in performance testing. Prior hands‐on technical experience in a federal environment, working with a multi‐disciplinary Agile team (development, test, engineering, operations). Experience with the federal grants management line of business is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher and a minimum of 10 years working in the IT field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in performance and load testing
- Strong understanding of test and verification processes, methods, and tools
- Proven ability to create automated test scripts, test scenarios and analyze results using tools such as LoadRunner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with json/regular expressions
- Strong skills in any one programming language, preferably C
- Prior experience with server-side resource analysis of Linux/Unix systems, a big plus
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.