Leidos is looking for a strong systems administrator to become part of our team at the Washington Navy Yard location. An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for the role.
The successful candidate will have a strong operating system and cyber security background. He or she will be responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple platforms using multiple operating systems.
• Set up and administer accounts as well as maintain system documentation
• Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
• Will be responsible for setting up and maintaining multiple computers systems.
• Works with development team with enhancements to the systems.
• Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
• Install system wide software and implement critical system patches
• Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
• Coordinate installation and development of strategy, design and implementation.
• Maintaining system documentation
• Perform diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
• Tuning system performance
• Participate in the creation of the overall management plan
• Installing system wide software
• May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior personnel.External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
• Active TS/SCI clearance