UNIT SECURITY MANAGER
Clearance: TS/SCI (firm requirement)
Unit security manager (USMs) manage security in their organization's facilities. They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. They manage access control to restricted areas, coordinate with upper management on security protocols and legal requirements, and analyze identification forms.
Other tasks performed by USMs include preparing and reviewing authorization requests for access to sensitive data, conducting employee investigations, providing security clearance, and providing assistance in training sessions for new security programs. They also conduct security updates in computer equipment, manage classified materials, and develop and implement effective security plans and evacuation initiatives. USMs act as a liaison for government agencies and provide security information to new hires. Generally, USMs report their progress and any work-related incidents to the government security manager in their department.
A bachelor's degree in industrial security or a similar field is desired for this job. Industry certifications may be preferred, and previous experience in a similar profession is generally needed. USMs must possess strong interpersonal skills and pay strong attention to detail to ensure security protocols are followed. They need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions with minimal information available. Additionally, USMs must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and multitask on a variety of projects.
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Maintain working relationships with government and industry agencies.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests.
- Experience with managing the day-to-day operations of a government personnel and physical security program at an expert level
- Experience with analyzing security responsibilities by ensuring education and compliance with security directives for employees accessing classified materials
- Knowledge of the applicable laws, rules, and regulations relating to personnel and traditional security and developments occurring in the security community, DoD, and IC SCI personnel and physical security requirements for Intelligence Community Directive (ICD)
- Knowledge of the government security community and information assurance processes
- Ability to review, implement, and make recommendations for process improvements based on previously conducted business process analyses
- Assist in the maintenance of a document accountability database and associated correspondence
- Execute Special Access Program Nomination Process Questionnaires
- Conduct Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII), Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), and SAPNP reviews of candidates being submitted for SAP access
- Perform data entry and record checks in the Joint Access Database (JADE) and maintains all customer sponsored personnel access information current
- Maintain an extensive customer database point of contact listing
- Assist with researching, processing, filing, and maintaining inbound and outbound visit notices
• Knowledge of e-QIP, JPAS, certification and accreditation, and physical security requirements and procedures
• Ability to interpret government policies in the development and implementation of security plans and procedures
• 6-8 years total experience, including minimum 3-5 years' experience with SCI or SAR programs
• Minimum of 1 year relevant experience with SAR programs desired
• Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
• Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience and ability to obtain a security clearance. Knowledge of DOD, DOE, or other industrial security program and in-depth knowledge of the DOD, DOE, or other government security regulatory manuals.
• Must complete the DoD SAPCO approved SAPNP training within six months of starting on contract (if performing SAP personnel security functions)
• Must complete JPAS training within six months of starting on contract (if performing SCI personnel security functions)
• Must complete Joint Access Database Environment (JADE) training within six months of starting on contract (if performing SAP personnel security functions)
• Must possess a current TS/SCI with eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph