The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) has an opening for an Electronic Systems Test Engineer in our San Diego, CA office (only 15 minutes from the beach). This is a an exciting opportunity to use your engineering experience in helping the Leidos execution team in the development, production, test and delivery of the cutting edge ground sensor system soon to be transitioned into the hands of the military end-users. The mission involves numerous (monthly) laboratory, field and flight tests events to validate and verify performance.
The skilled test engineer has responsibilities throughout the test program from inception through execution and post-test analysis and reporting. Responsibilities and routine daily activities include
• Firmware functional testing (Re-creating and resolving issues discovered in the field | Development of maintenance of test scripts - execution and analysis
• Field/Flight test preparation and execution: Design test configuration; tests that exercise full mission like specialized part of mission tests to evaluate functionality, subject to Gov constraints and test requirements; development of analysis tools to understand consequences of constrained testing as well as dry runs prior to field tests, qualify assets for field use; setup (test assets and ground truth equipment) at field tests; field work, including handling of test articles and test equipment (e.g. able to carry 50 lbs) and data QA, curation, and distribution
• Communications and end to end system testing
• Integration and test events, with installation of software modifications (to include software builds)
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 8 years experiences working in an engineering disciple,
• At least 4 years of experience working in software, field and flight test engineering.
• Must have an active DoD secret clearance.
• Must have a working knowledge and experience programming using a current analysis and programming toolset, e.g. MATLAB, LabView or python.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• An active DoD TS clearance.
• Knowledge of signal processing and seismic, acoustic, or magnetic signal phenomenology.
• Experience with software or firmware development on low-power micro-processors is desirable, as is experience working with RF transmitters, receivers and test equipment (spectrum analyzers).
• Practical experience working with environmental qualification and EMI test chambers.
• A desire to travel 25-40% is a bonus.
External Referral Program