Leidos has a current job opportunity for an experienced Product Owner in Charlottesville, VA. Working collaboratively with lead software engineers and program managers, you will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. You will leverage your skills to provide oversight, guidance, management support, and other related duties in one or more phases of software systems development, system integration, and systems sustainment. For consideration you must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of software projects
- Define and manage system requirements; provide direction in system architecting, trade-off analyses, development of detailed design artifacts, defining the project's test and delivery strategy, and supporting the project manager.
- Communicate with the development team(s) to ensure a consistent and unambiguous understanding of all items in the product backlog so that implementation meets the intent of each requirement.
- Serve as the primary technical interface between the customer and the development team.
- Assist Charlottesville software factory leadership team in managing, promoting and growing the software factory to address project demands across Leidos.
- Provide mentoring for growing staff of Product Owners.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Management, or related field.
- 8-12 years relevant experience including experience leading technical and Agile software teams.
- Expertise with Agile software management and continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Expertise with system requirements management, including requirements gathering and decomposition.
- Expertise with high-level software system design and development of design artifacts.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Management, or similar field.
- Familiarity with Agile software management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.