Leidos Corporate Finance Department has an opening for a Financial Reporting Senior Accountant in Reston, VA. In this role, you will provide critical support in Leidos' Quarterly/Annual Reports on SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K, Earnings Release, and prepare monthly equity close journal entries. This position reports to the Financial Reporting Senior Manager within Leidos' Office of the Corporate Controller.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare quarterly consolidated statement of equity.
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnote disclosures.
- Review work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of SEC filings.
- Assist in preparing GAAP disclosure checklist on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with reviewing XBRL tagging on Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Prepare monthly equity journal entries.
- Work with other functional departments such as investor relations, technical accounting and accounting/consolidations groups.
- Support other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, conference call scripts, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc., as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation (e.g. desktop procedures); recommend and implement process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts.
- Support ad hoc financial information and technical accounting requests and analyses.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; including 3 years in a public accounting firm.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and their application to the preparation of financial statements and disclosures.
- Experience with SEC filing process and review, including Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- An active CPA license