Job Requisition:NISSC II Chief Scientist
Leidos is seeking a Chief Scientist for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) – Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II).
The Chief Scientist will be responsible for contract support to Missile Warning Database (MWD) and Threat Processing Algorithm analysis and updates. S/he will support the Government Program Office (GPO) Chief Scientist Office to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of missile characterization data and missile threat impact algorithms. S/he will be an expert in the Physics and Mathematics underpinning the algorithmic modeling of ballistic missile threats.
- Provide technical information to support the Government Chief Scientist at board meetings, panels, working groups, summits, and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Provide regular updates to Missile Warning Database (MWD) algorithms, analyze the MWD algorithms regularly for errors, analyze intelligence data for database impacts and incorporate the results into alogrithm updates
- Prototype updates to Missile Threat Processing Algorithms in NISSC covered systems to evaluate algorithmic changes for impacts to attack characterization implementations
- Conduct analysis of the Missile Warning (MW) algorithm performance based on real world events
- Research and modify MW algorithm changes based on technological advances
- Review and update MW algorithm documentation
- PhD in Physics or related field and 13+ years of relevant experience with Missile Threat Processing algorithms, missile attack characterization, and theater MW sensor data
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.