Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This particular contract modernizes and ensures the uninterrupted availability of a critical component of the Intelligence Community. Through the use of innovative approaches, your system and network experience and skills will be challenged by providing day-to-day support to a one-of-a-kind global information technology enterprise. In this fast-paced environment, you will routinely work directly with analyst end-users, enabling their ability to respond to emerging world events.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
• Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
• Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
• Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures
• Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
• Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
• Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
• Interface and communicate with the Network Operations Centers (NOCs) of external telecommunications service providers (other Government organizations and commercial providers) on incidents and service issues.
• Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers.
Must be Familiar with:
• Experienced with administration of Local Management Device/Key Processor (LMDKP) and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI)
• Shall have SME level knowledge of the General Dynamics Taclane line of Network Encryptors (INE) to include the KG-175A, KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175F, KG-175X, and KG-175N.
• Execute procedures to load various cryptographic equipment including: TACLANE, FASTLANE, RedEagle, vIPER, STE, KIV-7, and KG-84
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited College or University is required along with five (5) years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines or ten (10) years of networking experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Must have a Network + certification or CCNA certification.
• Must be a US Citizen and possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
**External referral eligible**